Saturday 12 May 2018

An Open Door

Praise be to the Lord for opening up another opportunity to visit India and further His work there.

The purpose of this blog is to record my experiences while in India, report on the work the Lord is doing there and to encourage others in their walk with Him. 

Lord willing I will be departing to India on 14th June, leaving Auckland airport midday and arriving at Bangalore airport in the late evening. The return ticket is set for 24th September.

I plan to spend three months at the orphanage in Hunsur, Mysore District which is run by Raju and Shanthi. I see a real need to not only teach the Word of God to the 70 children at the orphanage but to disciple them in living for the Lord in their daily lives. With the Lord's help I hope to achieve this through daily bible studies, weekly youth group meeting, and showing out the character of Christ in everyday life.

The Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. - Matthew 16:24-25

Will you pray with me for my time in India?

I would greatly appreciate your support in prayer for the following requests:
  • That the Word of the Lord may be preached in truth and clarity and that He may receive all the glory
  • That the children who hear the messages may understand them clearly and response in faith to following the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul.
  • That my time in India may be greatly profitable for the Lord and that I may be used by Him
  • That I may show forth Christ's character daily and be able to love the children the way Christ loves them
  • Opportunity to support the children in practical ways
  • That I may be useful at the school and be able to teach the students
  • Safety and good health for all of the children and myself especially 

I aim to update this blog once a week while I am in India. You can leave a message below if you have any questions or would like further information. This will be my third time visiting India. You can click on my profile on the right to view my previous blogs.

Photo of map of India and children from the orphanage


No comments:

Post a Comment