Thursday 21 June 2018

A Heavy Heart for the Lord's work

It sure is a blessing to be able to serve the Lord in a foreign land. I am constantly thanking the Lord for this wonderful opportunity. Each day has it's challenges which is to be expected but to be able to share Christ through the way I live and teach of Him to such a precious group of children makes it worth all the effort.

At the children's home waiting for the school bus in the morning
Waiting for the school bus at the children's home
On Monday I jumped back into the busy schedule of school each day and bible studies each evening. However despite having a cold and trying to adjust back to life in India, I am really pleased how everything has worked out as I can clearly see the Lord helping me each day.

Morning assembly at school
Morning assembly at the school
I am able to be of good use at the school with taking various lessons in English and helping the teachers were needed. All the students are very excited and keen to have me teach in their class. I can also see that the teachers appreciate the support which is great.

It truely is amazing to see the regular day to day life of a completely different culture. At times it is chaotic but yet there is a simplicity to it. With all the distractions of modern technology absent, it is the simple things in life that create the most enjoyment and satisfaction.

Evening bible studies at the children's home
Evening bible studies at the children's home
We started off the bible studies this week with a clear gospel message from the book of Romans and then onto God's creation in Genesis 1-3. We are now looking at the life of Abraham.

I have been praying that each of the children may not only fully understand the messages spoken but if they haven't already, to come to saving faith in Christ and be born again. And if they are already saved then I pray that their faith may be strengthened and they may be firmly grounded in the truth of God's word.

"[God] desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 1 Timothy 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment